Oct 18, 2016 - By Evan Freitas

Twitch comes to GHC 2016

Get ready, Houston. Twitch is coming to the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing!

As a part of our ongoing commitment to promoting diversity and the advancement of women in technology, we’re happy to announce that Twitch is packing up our purple and heading to GHC 2016 as a gold-level sponsor. The event takes place Oct. 19 — Oct. 21 at the George R. Brown Convention Center.

Not only will Twitch have a booth at the career fair (#2307, come say hello!), but two of Twitch executives will also be leading discussions on the accomplishments of women engineers at Twitch and educating attendees on computing practices. Here’s what you can expect:

Experiment to Decide: How to Navigate Major Product Shifts

When: Thursday, October 20 @ 3:10–3:30 pm CDT Where: Hilton Lanier Grand Ballroom A-B

Overview: Join Sharmeen Browarek, Twitch’s Senior Product Manager, as she delivers a case study on how to support a rapidly-expanding user base after a platform has outgrown its tools. Sharmeen will discuss how to set up a long-term experiment framework to guide a team through major product shifts with data-driven examples from Twitch.

Orderly Chaos, Day in the Life of a Technical Program Manager

When: Friday, October 21 @ 9:00 am–12:00 pm CDT Where: Student Opportunity Lab

Overview: Join Sophia Xiao, Twitch’s Director of Technical Program Management, as she shares insights on her role and the value that technical program managers bring to fast-growing companies. Sophia will also share advice from her personal journey transitioning from a technical lead to a technical program manager. Sophia will deliver her talk at the Student Opportunity Lab throughout the conference and will be available to answer questions from student attendees.

Twitch has also provided scholarships to two students majoring in Computer Science to attend the conference — Lee Ames from New Hampshire Technical Institute and Lorraine Yerger from the University of Central Florida. Both recipients were selected from a pool of thousands of applicants by Anita Borg Institute, organizer of GHC 2016. Congratulations to Lee and Lorraine!

Interested in working at Twitch, but can’t attend the show? Check out our engineering recruiting page right here.

In other news
Oct 19, 2016

Hearthstone Priest extravaganza — Week Three

The Hearthstone Priest extravaganza had another wonderful Week Two and now we move on to Week Three! The spotlight continues to shine on…
Hearthstone Priest extravaganza — Week Three Post
Oct 14, 2016

The world’s best WoW guilds are on Twitch!

Legion, World of Warcraft’s latest expansion, has been nothing short of incredible so far, and with the release of Emerald Nightmare’s…
The world’s best WoW guilds are on Twitch! Post