posts displayed by category
Calling all game devs! The Twitch Plays game category is officially open for business. Ever since the infamous TPP event shook the world back in February 2014, we’ve had tons of fascinating adaptations of the Twitch Plays concept, and we’re now excited to [finally] feature them all in one place.
What’s more, we have some incredible new projects launching today that we’re excited to share with you.
- City Stream – Studio Bean, the creator of Choice Chamber is back! Team up to build and defend a massive geometric city. Whether you’re a builder, gatherer, or at the frontlines of battle, you’ll find your place in City Stream.
- TwitchPlaysZombidle – This PC title is adapted from Berzerk Studio’s mobile game. Level up your very own Twitch character and join forces with the rest of the chat to wreck havoc on the good guys.
- Kid Mech – KidMech is a live-action Twitch robot arena battle game comprising of two teams and an unlimited number of users controlling each bot. Gameplay will cycle between various competitive games including: Battle Soccer, Last Man Standing, and Capture the Flag. The arena features several interactive destructive weapons—such as the saw and flamethrower—that can be utilized to score additional points or weaken the opposition.
- TwitchVersusZombies – Communicate and elaborate strategies with peers in order to eradicate the zombies. In this game where each decision of every individual counts, you will mend, defend, attack, scout, and build your way back to the top of the food chain.
Other active releases featured in the directory include:
The Top 4…the Top 4 never changes. [Pause for effect.] Beyond the Top 4, November saw lots of changes. Lots you ask? Yes. Lots.
November was a highly anticipated month as two huge titles saw their full debuts: Fallout 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops III. When the dust settled, Fallout vaulted into the coveted fifth spot. It’s no secret that “gamers went crazy for Fallout 4,” as Fallout set a new Twitch record for most viewed game launch of the year. One could say that Fallout made dogmeat of the competition. (One sec, they’re taking my keyboard aw…)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III also enjoyed amazing viewership numbers thanks to the #TheRace and the many other awesome prestige marathons and Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah action. Even better news: #TheRace raised over $450,000 dollars for the Call of Duty Endowment. Big congrats to the team of TmarTn, Jericho, GoldGlove, VernNotice, and Hutch!
- World of Warcraft had a Legion of viewers opt-in to check out this new beta content.
- Our Creative category kept up its brisk pace with the culmination of the full Bob Ross marathon, and the recently announced Bob Ross Mondays marathons.
- StarCraft 2 saw a big leap thanks to a great WCS tournament at BlizzCon.
- The Binding of Isaac can’t biblethump too hard after creeping into the 12th spot behind the Afterbirth expansion.
- RuneScape jumped five spots with a little help from the new Deadman Mode.
Remember, remember this list for November.
Today we’re proud to announce what’s going down in the interactive areas and exhibits at TwitchCon 2015. We’re especially thankful to Intel RealSense Technology, ArenaNet, and Wargaming for joining as presenting sponsors for our inaugural event!
Besides the great Panels and Meet & Greets already announced, here are some of the many things you can watch, learn about, and play with at TwitchCon:
- The Intel Gaming Lab: Get your game on by going back to the lab in our Intel-powered gaming LAN featuring 144 gaming rigs where you’ll be able to interact and play with dozens of popular Twitch broadcasters in games such as H1Z1, League of Legends, Minecraft, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, World of Warships, Guild Wars 2, and more.
- The Education Zone: We’ve dedicated an entire floor to a variety of products a broadcaster needs to create a professional channel. Brands include Antlion Audio, Skreens, Esport.us, TwitchAlerts, Teespring, Elgato Gaming, GameWisp, Skype, Flood Gaming, HoneyLedger, and more. Making its debut at TwitchCon will be Gameshow, a new brand and product designed specifically for Twitch community. Amazon and Amazon Associates will also present product showcases.
Studio Wildcard, the creator of ARK: Survival Evolved, today revealed “Survival of the Fittest”, a brand new PVP deathmatch mode for ARK! To get the blood flowing, Twitch and Studio Wildcard are teaming up to bring you a 35-team “Survival of the Fittest” tournament live from Twitch HQ! Join Studio Wildcard’s Kayd Hendricks and Twitch’s Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez as they break down this new mode, tournament carnage, and interviews with the players.
What’s at stake? The winning tribe will receive a $20,000 Grand Prize, as well extra goodies from Logitech and Gunnar Optiks.
Hey, did we tell you that viewers can participate during the event?! While the teams battle it out, you can vote on Evolution Events–powerful world-altering sequences–that will occur every 30 minutes (Freak Weather, Dino Assault, Supply Drop).
So make sure to tune into on August 1, 2015, at 12:00pm PT, on SurviveTheARK. The action promises to be dino-mite!
We made an awesome website! Yay us. TwitchCon.com is all shiny and new with cool graphics and tons of info on our upcoming community extravaganza. Let’s not waste any time and get to the good stuff!
Tickets are still available, so get yours now, while you still can. Due to popular demand, we’ve made more tickets available for our epic after party, so if you were worried about getting in, be sure to pull the trigger today so you can reserve your spot.
Both days of TwitchCon will be jam packed with panels led by various experts from our amazing community. Here’s a taste of some of the awesome content:
- Your Brand on Twitch – by the Twitch Design team!
- Building Communities on Twitch
- Level Up: Developing the Framework for Success
- Taking Teams to the Next Level
- Can We Just Play? The Legality of Let’s Play Video and Streams
- Getting Games for Free: PR and New Media
- Colin & Greg Live! Twitch’s Morning Show @ TwitchCon
We’ve been announcing guests for the past several weeks, and now our Featured Guests list is finally complete! Only at TwitchCon can you expect to meet the likes of Lirik, CaptainSparklez, Towelliee, Imaqtpie, Trick2G, MANvsGAME, Kripp, LethalFrag, and Sodapoppin! And so many more!
From the producers of New York Comic Con comes C2E2, Chicago’s premiere pop culture event featuring celebrity interviews, tons of raucous panels, and at least one former hobbit. And you can watch all the best content live throughout the event on Twitch!
Will you be there in person? So will we! Stop by our booth and say Hi!
Are you a Game of Thrones fan? We’ll be gaming with Ser Loras Tyrell himself, Finn Jones.
How about The Walking Dead? We’ll chew on the ear of Chad Coleman, aka Tyrese.
Want to hear the latest from WWE superstar and future MMA fighter CM Punk? We’ll be streaming his panel plus an exclusive chat with the man himself.
Do you want to build a snowman? PAX East 2015 from snowy Boston, MA, is nearly upon us, and our bodies are ready…to freeze. Freeze. FREEZE! So let’s all group hug and warm each other under the warm glow of the Twitch booth (#9044) lights.
Coming to the show? We’ve got Heroes of the Storm and Vainglory at the booth, new Kappa Cards at the Partner Meet & Greets, a Twitch Town Hall, another epic party (duh), and the latest in Twitch swag technology. Twitch has joined the official Pinny Arcade with our very first pin! Supplies are limited, so we might have to hold some live Survivor GameZ to see who walks away with one. (We hear Lirik isn’t coming, so he can’t repeat his six-second death.)
Watching from home? We got you, too. You can get in on all the great content from our booth and the two main panel rooms (Main and Albatross) on the official PAX East event page: twitch.tv/event/pax. Oh, and make sure to participate in the #PAXPort Challenge where we’ve got two bundles of awesome goodies to give away for our at-home fans.
As announced today (Feb 20) on Twitch Weekly, we’re excited to host the inaugural TwitchCon in our hometown of San Francisco, CA, September 25-26, 2015! A celebration of all things Twitch, TwitchCon will be an interactive convention for broadcasters and viewers alike to meet each other, learn how to take your Twitch game to the next level, and play together.
Just a “Save the Date” for now, we’ll have more information about tickets, schedules, where to stay, and all that good stuff in the weeks and months to come.
Funny and interesting moments on Twitch are something we see quite often, but historical moments – you know, the ones that stay with us forever – only happen a few times a year.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Today at 12p PT, TwitchPlaysPokemon will restart the game that got this whole cabobble going, Pokémon Red. We’ll also reboot our original commemorative TPP t-shirt, this time in BLUE! The t-shirt will be on sale until February 28, and the Creator has deemed all proceeds shall go to Extra Life and Child’s Play charities.
One year ago today, one of the most amazing Twitch streams was born. A simple concept in which Twitch users input commands to control a game, but in this case, a game that was beloved by millions, Pokémon Red. We sat and watched in awe as a creative idea exploded into the now internationally recognized sensation…TwitchPlaysPokemon.
After a brief winter slumber, the Top Twitch Games list is back! We crawled out from under our rock, saw our shadow, and still decided to go back inside and watch more games (and some KyleLandryPiano).
Let’s see, what’s interesting here…H1Z1 clawed its way into the top five because you just can’t kill the zombie apocalypse. Gaming Talk Shows, our catchall category for talking about games and Twitch stuff, jumped up eight places thanks to the likes of RocketBeansTV, KindaFunnyGames, and Dropped Frames. Closing out the Top 20, Dying Light broke through the darkness because, again, there are lots and lots of zombies shambling around and they’re simply not contributing to a positive society so…
We offer unto you the Top 20. Now with Directory links!
We all did more than ever in 2014. There were more broadcasters, more viewers, more events, more charity, and more, well, chaos (remember that whole TwitchPlaysPokemon thing?).
We took a look back and captured some of the best moments from 2014 so the story of this amazing year could be shared with all of you. Thank you for making Twitch what it is today. Let’s do it again in 2015!
Duracell presents the “Longest Lasting” tournament, a 26-hour non-stop Madden NFL 15 marathon hosted on Twitch.
Basically, Duracell has these awesome new rechargeable batteries. They’re going to put these batteries to the ultimate test by putting them into the game controllers used on the stage and NEVER CHANGING THEM for 26 hours. This show of power has us positively charged. (Hold for laughter.)
This tournament invites gamers like you to compete against “Team Duracell”, which will be comprised of NFL pros – such as Arian Foster (Houston Texans), Maurice Jones-Drew (Oakland Raiders), and Patrick Willis (San Francisco 49ers) – and eight pro gamers.
Our base belong to Lirik. Thanks to the expert URL decryption techniques of He Who Just Could Not Wait to Show You His Shirt, our super secret second underground lair of t-shirts has been discovered. Set 2 of Twitch Partner Merchandise t-shirt is now LIVE!
Head over to twitch.tv/store to check out the fine apparel from none other than:
Rush home from work just to miss this week’s episode of Twitch Weekly? Fear not, we’ve got you covered! You can watch the VOD now.
Topics this week:
- St. Jude PLAY LIVE – Week 8: StarCraft
- European Speedster Assembly – wraps up on Sunday, August 3rd
- The Last of Us live performance
- Intl.gg – Intel’s Next Top Live Streamer – 7 streamers remain
- Puncayshun’s Mario 64 120-star 142 heartbreaker
- Runescape Araxxor Update Includes One-Click Twitch Broadcasting
- Host Mode – one week in, great success!
- Breaking news: Twitch breaks record with 58 million unique viewers in July!
- Gaming Documentary ‘Die Noobs’ Premieres Live on Twitch August 29th
- Zenith 2014, massive Smash Bros. tournament in NYC on twitch.tv/clashtournaments
- LCS Super Week – more info on lolesports.com
- Gfinity LIVE from London featuring FIFA, SC2, and CS:GO. Watch at twitch.tv/event/gfinity