Twitch at PAX Prime 2014: ALL THE THINGS!Aug 22 2014 · 0 comments · Events
PAX Prime is less than a week away, and – as promised on Twitch Weekly – we’ve been working on some awesome events for the community! We want to make sure to call out our awesome booth partners Gildan, a leading supplier of quality branded apparel; KIXEYE, the popular online gaming company and publisher of TOME: Immortal Arena; ReedPOP, the largest producer of pop culture events; and Turtle Beach, Twitch’s Official Audio partner; for being part of the Twitch at PAX Prime 2014 experience.
We love our fans, broadcasters, and communities, so we wanted to go all out with this year’s activities. We’ve got multiple Twitch-specific educational panels, partner signings, esports events, a huge party, great live content, awesome prizes, and so much more.
In The Booth
Here’s what we have scheduled throughout the show in our booth (#3403):
- TOME: Immortal Arena (Friday 8/29 -Monday 9/1): Each day, the first 250 visitors to the booth who check out TOME: Immortal Arena will receive an exclusive Twitch swag bag with a commemorative Twitch PAX 2014 Pin and a limited edition Gildan shirt featuring TOME. TOME will also be playable at the booth with high-performance professional audio provided by Turtle Beach.
- Broadcaster Meet & Greets (Friday 8/29 -Monday 9/1) 2:00-6:00 pm PT: Some of Twitch’s most popular casters will be at the booth doing signings (including limited, special edition Twitch posters, available ONLY during these sessions!), taking photos, and meeting viewers. (Head’s up on a chance to win one of five epic swag bags: be one of the first five on Monday to show us our Exclusive Twitch PAX Prime Meet & Greet poster signed by ALL of the participating broadcasters and walk away with one of these awesome prizes.) The first hour is sponsored by Gildan and features TheJustinFlynn and MANvsGAME. See the comprehensive schedule below:
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Iron Man Tournament (Friday 8/29 -Monday 9/1) 1:00 pm PT: Four world-class Melee players will face off in a rarely seen tournament format playing Nintendo’s beloved Super Smash Bros. With each competitor required to play three different characters, the “Iron Man” competition demands even more strategy and diversity.
- The CAPCOM PRO TOUR (CPT) Ranking Event Finals (Sunday 8/31) 3:30 pm PT: Featuring Ultra Street Fighter IV, the latest flagship title in the legendary Street Fighter series, CPT is the premier league destination for competitive fighting games. The Capcom Pro Tour will host a ranking event at PAX, and the finals will be live streamed to CAPCOM’s channel from the Twitch booth.
- The TeSPA Collegiate Hearthstone Open 2 (Monday 9/1) 10:00 am: The finalists of this collegiate tournament, starring Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, will square off on the Twitch stage. This competition – which began with 3500 North American college students from over 1000 different universities – has been whittled down to the top eight as they compete for the title of Collegiate Hearthstone Champion and $5,000 in scholarships.
- TOME Community 3v3 Tournament (Monday 9/1) 10:00 am-2:00 pm: Visitors to the Twitch booth can play TOME: Immortal Area with the chance to compete in the finals at 3:00 pm and win prizes from Razer and Turtle Beach. Teams of three can enter by signing up at the booth on Monday morning.
As usual, Twitch will be streaming panels throughout PAX, however unlike past PAX events, we’re hosting a few of our own this time around:
- Twitch Town Hall (Friday 8/29) 4:00 pm-5:00 pm PT | Hedgehog Theater: Directed by Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham, Director of Community & Education; Jordan “Soma” Tayor, Community Manager; and Chase, Twitch Public Relations Director; come participate in the first “Twitch Town Hall” where you have the opportunity to be heard! Vote on the next global emoticon, share your ideas for new features/tools, and learn about new things that Twitch has in store.
- How to Build Your Community (Saturday 8/30) 3:00 pm-4:00 pm PT | Hedgehog Theater: With insight from Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham, Director of Community & Education; Erin “Aureylian”, Partnerships Lead; and Jordan “Soma” Tayer, Community Manager; this panel focuses on current casters’ growth within their existing communities and expanding into new ones. This is great for both new and experienced casters.
Twitch will also broadcast from its booth with a robust schedule of demos, interviews, and events. Hosts Jon Carnage, Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham, MANvsGAME, Swiftor, Jordan “Soma” Tayor, and TheJustinFlynn will meet with top publishers, developers, and other industry members to spotlight what’s hot at PAX. For the full schedule of content being broadcast from the Twitch booth, visit the PAX Prime portal. As the exclusive broadcasting platform of PAX Prime, the portal includes the official PAX Prime panels scheduled in the Main Theater and Hedgehog Theater.
Wargaming presents the Twitch PAX Party, powered by Intel and Turtle Beach
Because PAX just wouldn’t be an official PAX without an amazing party, Wargaming presents the Twitch PAX Party, powered by Intel and sponsored by Turtle Beach on Friday at 9PM-1:30AM. Join some amazing Twitch broadcasters for a night of karaoke, billiards, bowling, Intel gaming stations and more. Space is limited, so make sure you arrive early to ensure entry. The first 500 people in the doors will receive two drink tickets to get the party started!