Twitch Mobile Broadcasting and Capture SDK AnnouncedMar 05 2014 · 8 comments · Developers, Engineering, News, Press, Tech
NOTE: For the full press release, click here.
Today we announced the Twitch Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK). This new game developer tool will enable the live broadcasting, capturing and archiving of mobile games. This latest innovation will help mobile gaming companies reach the Twitch community directly from their devices and across other platforms as well.
The Twitch Mobile SDK will offer a number of features that align with the current Twitch broadcasting offerings available on PCs and consoles. These include:
- The ability to capture and broadcast gameplay video and audio
- Video capture from the front-facing camera
- Audio capture using an internal or external microphone
- Videos can be archived for immediate viewing on Twitch and uploaded for sharing
- Broadcast quality can be toggled between High, Medium, and Low settings
- Robust chat options including emoticons badges and chat colors
- The easy discovery of related broadcasts from other gamers