Broadcasting, Chat, and More Coming to Xbox OneFeb 25 2014 · 183 comments · Events, News, Tech
It’s official. On March 11th, Twitch broadcasting comes to Xbox One. “Wait, that’s the same day as Titanfall!” you say. Yes, yes it is. But that’s not all!
Along with broadcasting functionality, the updated Twitch app for Xbox One gets an enhanced viewing experience as well – Chat, Following, and Notifications are all coming in the update. With so much new stuff, let’s jump right into the particulars. See below for a video overview and feature set. And you can read more on Xbox Wire and in the news.
- Instantly live broadcast your games by simply speaking “Xbox, Broadcast”, or launch from within the Twitch app for Xbox One.
- Position the webcam PIP in any corner of the screen to best fit your game.
- Interact with broadcasters using the most lines of chat available on a console.
- Your Xbox friends are notified when you go live.
Viewing and Chatting
- View live gameplay from any Twitch source: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, etc.
- Get notifications when your favorite gamers are broadcasting so you never miss a minute.
- For Xbox One broadcasts, you can view the broadcaster’s Xbox Live profile and send them a party request and join their game.
- See which Xbox Live friends are broadcasting and what they’re broadcasting.
- Partake in the chat experience, including using your subscription-based emotes and chat badges.
- Turbo subscribers get an ad-free experience.