Blizzard Stream Awards, Powered by TwitchJan 30 2014 · 16 comments · Events, News
This is a guest post from Kevin Johnson, Senior Manager, Community Development, Blizzard
2013 was a great year for Blizzard games thanks to the passionate Twitch community. In order to give back to some of you who have dedicated yourselves to creating unique content, growing your audiences, and generating enthusiasm for our games, we’ve launched the 2013 Blizzard Stream Awards powered by Twitch. This program will provide awards and cash prizes for some the best Blizzard content streamers of 2013.
Award nominees are viewable at the following links, while the award winners will be announced on Friday, February 7, on Blizzard’s official community sites below and on the Twitch blog.
For a list of awards categories and to learn how the 2013 Blizzard Stream Awards, powered by Twitch works, check out the breakdown below.
How It Works
- Award Categories: Together Blizzard and Twitch have established 14 unique award categories representing streamers from four Blizzard franchises (Diablo III, Hearthstone, StarCraft II and World of Warcraft). Half of these categories are data-driven (example: Most number of hours streamed for Blizzard titles in 2013) while the other half are qualitative categories that will be voted on by you, the community (example: Favorite community show of 2013).
- Prizes: In this program, Twitch will distribute a prize pool of approximately $45,000 for 2013 Twitch partners, and prizes will be distributed evenly to each award category.
- Implementation: Voting will occur for the seven poll categories through Wednesday, February 5, 2013, via the polls linked below. After voting has closed, we will announce the winners of both the polled categories and the data-driven categories.
Rules: To qualify for the 2013 Blizzard Stream Awards, powered by Twitch, you must be a Twitch partner who streamed game content from one of the four Blizzard franchises (Diablo III, Hearthstone, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft) between January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
Poll Categories – Please vote for your favorite Blizzard content streamers.
- Favorite New Streamer of 2013
- Best Community Channel of 2013
- Most Educational Stream
- Favorite StarCraft II Stream
- Favorite Diablo III Stream
- Favorite Hearthstone Stream
- Favorite WoW Stream
Data Driven Categories – We will announce the categories, winners, and runners-up for seven data driven categories of awards next week. These are being tabulated by Twitch’s glistening army of robots and number crunchers.
Thank you to everyone that streamed or watched Blizzard games on Twitch in 2013. Support your favorite personalities by coming back to vote on Thursday, January 30, and by continuing to watch their streams in 2014.